First, I like to state that I do believe in numbing creams for tattoos. If it makes my customer more comfortable, I am all for it. That said…
After a great deal of trial and error, I have found that most numbing creams are more of a hindrance on the tattooing process than a help. Most brands make the skin rubbery, swollen, and difficult to take ink. The result leaves the healed tattoo patchy and faded among many other issues. I have found one brand, however, that does not effect the skin the way others do. As for numbing, it seems to work well for some people.
I offer TKTX numbing cream (green & red) in my studio for an additional $15.00
If you choose to use this numbing cream, you will need to pick it up at my studio several days before your appointment. With the use of any and all numbing creams, you will be required to sign a waiver, so everyone understands the risks of using these products.
TKTX Green contains 7% Lidocaine, 7% Prilocaine, and 2% Epinephrine.
TKTX Red contains: 8% Lidocaine, 8% Prilocaine and 2% Epinephrine. (numbs faster)
Why do I need to sign a waiver?
Numbing creams are not 100% safe for anyone. Numbing creams have Lidocaine, Prilocaine, Epinephrine that may have side effects for some people do to their individual medical conditions.
I am not a doctor, I am a tattoo artist. I do not know if these creams are right for you. Also, I have had a few people that have had allergic reactions to the cream. These are some things to consider before using a numbing cream. So you will sign a waiver stating that;
1. You have discussed this numbing cream with your doctor and that it’s ok for you to use.
2. You test a small spot on your skin 24 hours before your appointment to see if you have any allergic reaction to the cream.
3. You understand that numbing creams don’t work for everyone. Some people get full relief for several hours, some people it takes the edge off, and others feel almost no relief at all.
4. You understand that numbing creams can make the skin swollen and red. If the skin is too swollen, and too red, I have the right to send you home and reschedule your tattoo appointment.
5. You understand that the cream is NOT refundable no matter the reason.
6. You understand that you if you use this (or any numbing cream) it is 100% at your own risk.
TKTX numbing cream brand is the #1 counterfeited numbing creams on the market. Please, do not buy this cream from any place on the internet. Fake TKTX cream seems to be everywhere online including Amazon, eBay, and Walmart.
I offer this cream as a courtesy for those customers who truly desire to have a numbing agent during their tattoo procedure. I purchase the studio’s TKTX numbing cream directly from the manufacture. I feel it’s safer for everyone to know it is the original cream, from the original manufacturer and what the actual ingredients are inside the cream we are using. This is better than you, as the customer, obtaining a counterfeit product somewhere else, and not knowing what that cream may really contain.